Friday, November 15, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

A couple of weeks ago Tim and I threw a gender reveal party.  It was so much fun to be able to share the news with both our families at the same time!  Many couples wait to find out the gender until their gender reveal party, with everyone else.  Tim and I were not patient enough to do that.  I was counting down the days, and then the hours, until we could see our baby and hopefully find out the gender.  While it would have been fun to find out with everyone else, we couldn't wait any longer and we appreciated having that moment to ourselves.  I also broke down crying when the ultrasound tech told us our baby was a girl.  I was shocked.  Part of me had a feeling I was having a girl, but there are so many boys on Tim's side of the family that most of us were convinced it would be a boy.  We both would have been thrilled either way, but I am so excited to have a girl!

I found the design for the elephant decorations on Etsy, then I printed everything at home and spent a few weeks cutting everything out and assembling the decorations.  It was a nice project to keep me busy while I was anxiously awaiting our ultrasound and I was really happy with how it all turned out.  We had a cake made with pink frosting on the inside to announce the news. 

Tissue paper pom poms my sister and I made

Tissue paper tassels I made
 
Voting table



Pink lemonade and blue Hawaiian punch

Homemade chocolate covered pretzels and cupcakes
Cake from Roth's

Jars and paper straws. Love!

 Me, Dora, Tim and Willie

Pink!!!!!!!!!!

It was so much fun seeing everyone's reactions!

~Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment